Skip to main content

Weight Loss Surgery

Image result for sleeve gastrectomy



Hey Everyone,

I haven't updated my blog in a few months, and today I had that gentle nudge from the Lord to write this and post it. So here goes.


About 3 years ago I started researching VSG which is also known as The Sleeve or Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. Every year I would tell myself I am giving myself one more year. Well here we are 3 years later,and I am still stuck and where I don't want to be physically! I started having these dreams where I could see myself about 115 LBS lighter than what I am now. I would wake up so excited and I would declare what the Lord had shown me in the dreams over myself and my body. I could see myself so free in my dreams. Free to wear clothes and not constantly avoid my reflection in a mirror. I don't hate my body the way I am right now but I know that God has so much more for me than just this. After awhile of seeing myself in my dreams like that God started showing me how I was going to get to that place and I would dream about a doctor and then the surgery. Then I saw Jesus in the operating room whenever I was getting my surgery done. I had more dreams of after surgery and I had supernatural strength and no pain. I also was able to hit my weight loss goals after surgery way faster than the average and I had another months later where I was muscular and had maintained what Jesus so graciously helped me do.


So on June 3rd, 2019 I went to a doctor to see what my options where. I had been having issues with lady things that we deal with and I was extremely frustrated to have put on the weight that I am carrying on my body. So that doctor ordered me to do labs and everything you could imagine to see what was going on. When my results came in I got this compliment. "you are the healthiest fat person I have seen in awhile!" I was shocked and said, " Thanks, I guess." lol I have been eating healthy and working out for almost 5 years now. So you all can see my frustration with my weight being 258 lbs the day I went to see this doctor. Whenever I got to see my results it was so awesome to see that God is the same today, tomorrow, and forever. My insulin levels where great my blood sugar levels where good. My body was very healthy on the inside. It is just the outside that I am having trouble getting healthy. So this doctor recommend a surgeon in Lubbock Texas. I had a consultation with him and he is by far the most amazing doctor I have ever seen. To hear that come out of my mouth is a miracle because I don't do doctors. 

The consultation was 4 hours long but I talked with him about everything you can imagine. I am scheduled to have a EGD done on July 24th, 2019. They will check my stomach and my upper GI tract with a scope to see how and what all I need to do before surgery. I will also be doing a stress test soon. I had to have psychological exam and I passed that. My doctor was so sweet. He reminded me that God loves me very much and he is here to help me. That I will be successful and I will reach my goals. He also gave me every tip and trick he knows so that I will be as successful as possible with the surgery. I have made up my mind that I no longer want to be weighed down by my weight. God is freeing me of something that has kept me in a place of not doing much and not wanting to go places and be seen by people. What the enemy had hoped would take me out God is restoring for his glory. He spoke to me and told me he had Hope for my future and joy unspeakable is being restored to me. He gave me Proverbs 3 as my scripture to cling to during this time of waiting and going through this process. During this time I have already cut out all sodas and all coffee (SOOOOO HARD) but it wasn't as hard as I thought and God has given me serious grace. It's become easier and easier. I am working on cutting out all carbs and sugars now. He has given me a great grace to walk this out. I don't want to waste what he has freely given me. No temptation is too strong. No carb filled snack is stronger than Jesus. No amount of sugar can compare to love God has for me. 


I am so excited to be on this journey still. I am so excited to be a better version of myself as Christ leads me in every decision, every exercise, every movement Jesus will be right there giving me wisdom and knowledge that I need. Every time I have asked God to take over the show he has. My ways are not his ways. His way is far greater. If you have ever thought about doing a weight loss surgery to regain your life do it! Don't wait! Go for it. I asked God and talked to him. I told him God if this is an honest option for me, make the process enjoyable and not hard. Lead me to the right doctor. Lead me to where you want me to be. Help me display you at every doctor visit at every appointment. Show me the people that I can help along the way. He has done just that. I will be starting a facebook bariatric sleeve group soon to help encourage others and hold each other accountable. If you would like to be apart of that email me and we will get this show on the road. 


Thanks for reading the blog today. follow me on social media @ Jordyn Lee on facebook and @jordyn__lee on instagram 

love you all,
Jordyn  
  

Comments

  1. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks magen verkleinerungs op

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No Disconnect

Hey Ya'll, It's such a blessing to see that God is using this blog in over 13 nations. Only God could do something like that. Thank you all for reading and sharing this blog.  I want to share with you what I have been seeing lately. It's really heart wrenching to know that people feel unloved, unwanted, and ashamed. I guess my heart is so gripped with this because, I use to be that person. Even though I knew what my Mom always would tell us but I had trouble believing it. Why though? because any other time I was "loved" on earth I had to earn it. Like being in a relationship you don't say I love you until you've been together for like 4 years. hahahaha It literally makes me laugh because, love can't be earned. It is a literal person. You have to encounter him, to love yourself and out of that place love other people. Ephesians 3:19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with ALL the fullness of God. Th