Skip to main content

Things I Won't Miss About Being Plus Size


Hey Ya'll!


So I am getting closer to a surgery date over here and I am so excited I can't hardly stand myself lol!
While I am waiting on that phone call from the surgeon the Lord has really been showing me all that will be new with me after surgery, and it's really exciting. So I am writing a blog about things that maybe people aren't aware of and just trying to shine some light on areas where people don't like sharing this kind of info.


Things I Won't Miss About Being Plus Size 

1. I wont miss being the largest person in the room.

Hear me out here. I know that I am not always the largest person but a lot of the time I am. I am excited to walk into a room and people not stare. You can see just how much I have had to rely on Jesus to be my strength :)

2. I won't miss shopping for clothes

This is something I absolutely dread. Like avoid at all cost. Like don't even do it but maybe once a year. Usually the plus size section is hidden in the back past the restroom and is full of sparkly butterfly 3 quarter length shirts.. what I am suppose to do that at 27 years old?

3. I won't miss all the medical professionals always starting with well..... If you lost some weight this would be better...

I understand where they are coming from but if I come in for a severe sinus infection I really don't need to hear about my weight. God has really helped me in this area with not hardening my heart. Having compassion for things I never thought I would personally deal with. 

4. I absolutely will not miss the comments and jokes at the gym.

This one hurts no matter how many times I hear them. If I am at the gym that is the last place a fat person wants to be trust me. God also has shown me that people wouldn't act that way if they truly knew him. 

5. I won't miss booths at a restaurant

This is so awkward and mortifying for someone who is plus size. You never know if you are going to fit anywhere and it's truly the worst feeling. Through these situations God has really shown me that the thoughts of others doesn't matter but what his word says about me is true.

6. I won't miss not being able to ride roller coasters with my daughter

I love riding rides. Last year we went to six flags and the first ride I tried to go on I didn't fit in the seat. This was something that lead to myself doing the whole self sabotage thing. I really had to let God renew my mind with his word and realize it was time to take a step and get serious about losing weight and drop my rights that I thought I had to a stupid "cheat meal" those cheat meals lead me to a cheat body which in return has gotten me here..... ready for VSG surgery :)

7. I won't miss being embarrassed to eat out in front of people.

Stupid.. I know. but this is a real issue like for real. It's the real reason I say no to anyone who isn't family or the wonderful people I work with. Sorry not sorry....

8. I won't miss all the dread

I am so excited for joy to come back into my everyday life. I am excited to not dread going to gatherings. I am excited to go to places that I love and to be free of worry and dread. I am so excited to let God get the glory and what the enemy meant for harm God is turning for my good.

9. I won't miss the stares from people in public

This is something God has diffidently had to help me with.... the struggle has been real ya'll

10. The last thing I won't miss is having to tell Hadlie no to things I can't physically do.

Mom struggle but God's grace has been with us through everything. I can't wait to be a better momma to my daughter :)



I love ya'll
Jordyn 💙

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Disconnect

Hey Ya'll, It's such a blessing to see that God is using this blog in over 13 nations. Only God could do something like that. Thank you all for reading and sharing this blog.  I want to share with you what I have been seeing lately. It's really heart wrenching to know that people feel unloved, unwanted, and ashamed. I guess my heart is so gripped with this because, I use to be that person. Even though I knew what my Mom always would tell us but I had trouble believing it. Why though? because any other time I was "loved" on earth I had to earn it. Like being in a relationship you don't say I love you until you've been together for like 4 years. hahahaha It literally makes me laugh because, love can't be earned. It is a literal person. You have to encounter him, to love yourself and out of that place love other people. Ephesians 3:19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with ALL the fullness of God. Th