Skip to main content

SONcoinscience



Hey Everyone,

So I read an article today that really made my head spin. A lady said, "Being a single mom in America is glorified." One this hurt my heart for the lady because she doesn't understand being a single parent. She used that statement to make herself feel better after giving her sweet precious child up for adoption. I am thankful she chose adoption but at the same time her reasons for it where sad. I would like to tell my single mother story and how the favor of the Lord can operate in purity and surrender and just how much our lives mean to Jesus.

So 7 years ago on a rainy spring morning I became a mom to this sweet little face in this picture. She was/is so sweet. She was so tiny and awesome all at the same time. I felt scared that she was finally here and I had to do everything, but I could see God in her and all around us. The moment I became pregnant the Lord used it to get me free from a lifestyle of going out and partying. It hurt to see all my friends slowly go there own way and I had to stay home and find a new fun. At the hospital that day I had Hadlie and everyone left. Even her dad who was suppose to stay.. Why would he leave me there? Why would he want to leave her? Everything started changing from this point forward. Not too long after this he broke up with me and told me I could lose about 20 pounds. (I had just had a child 2 months prior) Stuff like that cut me deep back then because I used to give all of myself to him and put my worth in what he thought about me. Even in the midst of heartbreak like that I always could sense the Lord hugging me tight. I had to go back to work when Hadlie was a newborn. It was really hard on me but I knew if I didn't work we wouldn't get by. Now of course my parents let us live with them but I have always been independent. Her fathers parents also have always helped Hadlie and I. But being a single mom has never been terrible. It's been hard and I have had to let Jesus break down the walls I built up around my heart when I had gotten hurt. It has taken an intense amount of running after the Lord. I haven't spent time doing stuff that doesn't further my relationship with the Lord because I found my comfort in running to him. Even though people would think. OH.... you've got this. I totally did not. Most nights I would cry myself to sleep in hopes that the physical pain of a broken heart would be fixed and I could feel every tear I shed come from the inside out and it physically hurt. In that time of complete devastation God has completely healed my broken places and has helped me be an even better mom. If you're a single parent and need prayer please reach out! I would love to encourage you to keep on going. Times got much easier when I let go of things I couldn't control and I stayed focused on Hadlie and myself. I now have an amazing job and work for they best people I have ever met. I've lost 75 pounds and then gained a lot back but I am with the Lords help losing weight and what not again! God is so faithful if we just say yes and trust him to fix and help with the rest.

I love you all,
Jordyn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Disconnect

Hey Ya'll, It's such a blessing to see that God is using this blog in over 13 nations. Only God could do something like that. Thank you all for reading and sharing this blog.  I want to share with you what I have been seeing lately. It's really heart wrenching to know that people feel unloved, unwanted, and ashamed. I guess my heart is so gripped with this because, I use to be that person. Even though I knew what my Mom always would tell us but I had trouble believing it. Why though? because any other time I was "loved" on earth I had to earn it. Like being in a relationship you don't say I love you until you've been together for like 4 years. hahahaha It literally makes me laugh because, love can't be earned. It is a literal person. You have to encounter him, to love yourself and out of that place love other people. Ephesians 3:19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with ALL the fullness of God. Th